A lot of people have been asking how we can continue to move forward in proclaiming the everlasting gospel during this COVID-19 crisis? While social distancing, quarantining people, and travel bans don’t make it easy to share Christ or make disciples, there are still a lot of ways that we can reach out and share the Truth! In fact the times we’re living in have, to some extent, woken people up to the realisation that this world is passing and that we all have longing in our heart for eternity.
Below are some ideas I thought I should share for those of you who are eager to continue doing something to forward the work of reaching people with the truth for this time.
1. Telephone outreach: Call friends and family to see how they’re doing and to see if there are any ways you might provide them with support. Let them know you’re praying for them and their immediate family. Ask them if they mind if you pray for them over the phone.
2. Devotion: Be connected to Christ every day! Without Him we can do nothing. (John 15:5) His word is the means by which we are converted. 1 Peter 1:23 So please stay in the Word of God. Let it be your soul food. Make sure you’re persevering in prayer to the Father in Jesus name. If we are not connected to the Light we cannot be the light of the world in this trying time.
3. Kingdom Come documentary: Offer friends and family if they’d be willing to watch the Kingdom Come documentary. Once they have discuss it with them and ask if they have any questions or if they’re interested in learning more about the book of Daniel through Bible studies.
4. Social Media Seed Sowing: Ask friends and followers on social media if they’d be interested in learning what the Bible says about the times in which we live. Share links to sermons, podcasts, vlogs, etc. on social media that are spiritually uplifting and that point to the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world and who is our Saviour and who is coming back soon.
6. Letterbox: Letterbox lead cards, Steps to Christs, bible study guides, etc.
There are lots of ways to connect more deeply with and witness to our communities in these kinds of times. If you want more ideas or someone to brainstorm with please reach out to the Evangelism / Personal Ministries departments.